The comfort of words
One of my favorite authors, Anthony Powell, once tried to console someone with a passage from literature (I forget what). The person was completely unmoved, and Anthony Powell concluded that only those who already love words (or as he put it "possess literature already") can be comforted by them (or it).I'm not so sure about that.Of course I am a reader, but I think almost anyone would find this
Posted by
klose
Blog Archive
- May (2)
- October (5)
- September (3)
- August (39)
- July (425)
- June (1047)
- May (598)
- April (80)
- March (65)
- February (60)
- January (80)
- December (84)
- November (2)
- April (16)
- March (15)
- August (79)
- July (14)
- January (4)
- February (10)
- January (7)
- December (13)
- November (12)
- October (29)
- September (50)
- August (115)
- July (67)
- June (29)
- May (18)
- April (24)
- March (32)
- February (23)
- January (41)
- December (19)
- November (55)
- October (13)
- September (17)
- August (27)
- July (21)
- June (8)
- May (15)
- April (3)
- March (34)
- February (50)